~ The new school’s football team played its first game with Wheaton’s second string team on November 19. 1916 ~ The high school was extended to a 4 year high school. Biester, a native of Belvidere, Illinois was a graduate of North Central College at Naperville.
~ Raymond Carr directed the vocal, piano and orchestra.1946 ~ The Glenbard Golf Team won 1st place in the Conference Tournament. 1947 ~ The Varsity Basketball team won the De Kalb Tournament. 1949 ~ Teacher – Wesley Gronewald was honored for 25 years of service. 1952 ~ Glenbard bands had the highest rating in their history. 1953 ~ Part of the Grimshaw property at 610 Crescent Blvd., was sold to Glenbard for ,000. ~ A new addition and landscaping was completed at the cost of 0,000.The school now had 50 classrooms, 3 labs, 10 music practice rooms, a library, a cafeteria and 2 modern shops. 1955 ~ The boundaries of Glenbard High School were changed when the voters of Bloomingdale Elementary District #13 voted to de-annex from District #87 and to annex to the North Du Page High School District #108. Biester, Glenbard District #87 Superintendent, received the honorary degree of Doctor of Education from North Central College. ~ District 87 passed a referendum for minor additions and remodeling for Glenbard West. ~ Glenbard West earned 6 Superiors and 17 Esc4ellent ratings at the State Music Contest. Finally, Wheaton organized her high school and Glen Ellyn students were sent there on a tuition basis. No funds were available to keep it in session, so it was discontinued after 1 year, graduating 1 class.
Florence Kroeger was the first principal and served over 29 years. ~ The A Capella choir, directed by Raymond Carr won first in the sight-reading contest.